Focus on what's important - Knowledge.
WHY FRANK TUITION FEE LOAN
0% interest and no repayment while studying
Fund up to 90% of your tuition fees¹
Flexible repayments schemes with instalments as low as S$100
From getting your loan to completing repayment
1. Find a guarantor
Visit any OCBC branch or FRANK store with your guarantor to apply. A guarantor is someone who can be responsible for your loan in case you are not able to pay.
2. Loan up to 90% of your tuition fees
Loan disbursement will be determined by your institution. During the course of your study, no interest will be charged and no payment is needed.
3. Start repaying²
Start repayment immediately after graduation, or once you ﬁnd a job within 2 years3 after graduation. Or pay back in full or partially over 20 years4 with monthly instalments as low as S$100!
Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) is provided by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and administered by OCBC Bank.
Am I Eligible? - Application period is set by the university
NUS / NTU Students:
Full-time undergraduate and postgraduates5. You must be in:
- Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate degree programme or
- Graduate research programme or
- Full-time MSE MOE subsidised programme
NOTE: Postgraduates are to check their respective institution's website to ensure their programme is eligible.
You must be:
- Singapore citizen and;
- Pursuing your 1st undergraduate degree part-time and;
- Pursuing part-time course due to ﬁnancial reasons
NOTE: Part-time undergraduates are to check with their respective institutions for eligibility.
Eligible for Tuition Fee Loan:
- BA/BSc (Education) student teachers who do not receive salary, stipend and whose fees are not paid by MOE
- Candidates enrolled in the following full-time research programmes:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Arts (by research)
- Master of Science (by research)
- Candidates enrolled in the following full-time subsidised coursework programmes:
- Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics)
- Master of Arts (all specialisations)
- Master of Science (Exercise & Sports Studies)
- Master of Science (Life Sciences)
Not Eligible for Tuition Fee Loan:
- Students receiving Government / Statutory Board / NIE scholarships which cover tuition fees
- International students paying non-subsidised tuition fees
- Students receiving full Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy from Mendaki
- Students using CPF savings for the full payment of the subsidised tuition fee
- Students in self-funded programmes
- Part-time graduate students (coursework)
- BA/BSc (Education) student teachers who receive salary, stipend and whose fees are not paid by MOE
- Full-fee paying students
- Part-time student teachers
Not eligible if:
Not Eligible for Tuition Fee Loan:
- Students receiving any Government / Statutory Board / NUS Scholarships which cover tuition fees
- Students receiving full tuition fee subsidy by MENDAKI
- Students using Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings for the full 100% payment of the subsidised tuition fees
- Students on self-funded graduate programmes
- International students paying full fees; not taking tuition grant
- 21 - 60 years old
- Must not be bankrupt
NOTE: You must have a guarantor with you to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan.
- If student is a Singaporean, guarantor must be Singaporean
- If student is a Singapore PR, guarantor must be Singaporean / Singapore PR
- If student is a Foreigner, guarantor can be of any nationality
Tuition Fee Loan + FRANK Visa Debit Card Benefits
Enjoy perks while you push ahead in your studies. Choose from 120 designs. Annual FRANK Debit Card fee waiver for life. Withdraw cash locally and overseas.
How to get your loan
Apply at our branches
Head down to any OCBC Branch with your guarantor to submit your application form.
What do I need to prepare:
If Existing OCBC customer
- School Letter of Admission / Student Matriculation card
- Passport — Identity Card can be used for Malaysians
- School Letter of Admission
- IPA print out or ICA pass (for sanctioned countries)
Singaporean / Singapore PR
- Passport or Identity Card
- For sanctioned countries
- Letter of Admission / Work Permit
- IPA Print out or ICA pass
1Based on a Singapore citizen university student's tuition fee.
2Interest commencement date is set by university. Loan interest is based on the average Prime Lending Rate of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC), Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) and United Overseas Bank (UOB). Late interest of 1% per month on the outstanding amount will be charged if repayment is late.
3Additional loan interest of 1% per month on the outstanding loan will be charged if you do not start repaying a minimum of S$100 monthly within 2 years from graduation.
4This is the maximum period of making monthly repayment instalments from graduation day.
5For selected NTU part-time and postgraduate courses.
6Guarantor must not be an undischarged bankrupt.